This bi-weekly newsletter aims at people that are interested in sustainability, textiles and fashion – like fashion companies & CSR managers, NGOs, trade unions, journalists, researchers, students of sustainable fashion and many more. It presents a collection of links to intersting news issued during the last two weeks around „fashion, textiles and sustainability“.
- News on WORKING CONDITIONS had a strong focus on the People’s Tribunal in Cambodia which took place at the beginning of February; RFID & data security problems was an issue in Germany, child labour etc.
- Regarding TRANSPARENCY you can read an inspiring interview with Bruno Pieters, the founder of the probably most transparent company in the world.
- ENVIRONMENT reports that Nike tried waterless dyeing, and some news on upcycling.
- CONSUMERS & MARKETING reports again indicate that consumers want sustainable clothes & that sex sells (no real news, but an interesting story about Abercrombie). SLOW FASHION looks at Orsola de Castro, the founder of Estethica and at a new „swopping“-trend.
- COTTON brings TE’s outlook for 2012 & some market reports.
- You find reports about FAIRS in Berlin, New York, London and Biofach in Nürnberg – and news about REPORTS on child labour, nanotech, label-evaluation…
- SCIENCE news with interesting articles on scaling up CSR & private / public regulation by UNRISD & ITC etc. Finally, a JOB offer and a lot of dates to save – and much more below…
If you have any interesting news for the newsletter, please send us an email: news (at) netzwerkfairemode.com. Kind regards NETZWERK FAIRE MODE & KernKommunikation